I was listening to a book on my iPhone called “The Big Moo” by Seth Godin and came across a section that I thought was short and sweet and was a great part to summarize and share. This section outlines 11 bullet points about how to quickly become a failure in business. It’s a small but great list that says alot when trying to be great and remarkable in the business world today and trying to grow your business.
How to be a failure you might ask?
- Keep Secrets.
- Be sure you are correct and ignore those who disagree with you.
- Set aggressive deadlines for others but then change them when they are not met.
- Don’t test your theories.
- Focus more on what others think.
- Assume a critical mass must embrace your idea for it to work.
- Choose an idea where #6 is a requirement.
- Realize people who don’t get your idea are stupid or bull headed.
- Don’t work to increase the value of your presentation style.
- Insist that you have to go directly to the president of the company to get something done.
- Always go for the big win.