Google recently opened up the ability for brands and businesses to create pages. Google Plus for businesses and brands is now a reality. Google Plus Pages is basically the Google version of Facebook Fan Pages, and gives businesses a chance to claim their profile on the social network and interact with and engage their customers and fans through new and exciting channels.
What you will notice (when you want to create your Google+ business profile) is that they ask you to put your business into 1 of the 5 primary sets categories.
- Local Businesses or Places: hotels, restaurants, places, stores, services, etc.
- Product or Brand: apparel, cars, electronics, financial services, etc.
- Company, Institution or Organization: companies, organizations, institutions, non-profits, etc.
- Arts, Entertainment, or Sports: Movies, TV, music, books, sports, shows, etc.
- Other: basically if your company does not fit into any of the above
Creating a page brings you closer to your customers, fans, and followers on Google+. -Google
This new focus for Google+ will allow all types of business to start hangouts for their business, giving them direct interaction with their clients. The current drawback of the pages is that Google won’t allow contests and promotions on these new business pages.
I figured if we were going to start recommending that our clients utilize the new features of Google+ for their business, that we should probably have a brand page and learn how it all works.
You can follow our Linchpin SEO Google+ Page Here