Links are the key to ranking well and driving user metrics for SEO, but to get links the content that is produced needs to follow some basic guidelines to maximize user engagement and links. What are these guidelines? How to increase links to your content? A recent content study came to the following conclusions about what variables make a piece of content linkable. Below are the basic rules for writing great content that attracts links.
What Makes a Post Linkable?
1. Content is most important thing to a posts but posts with extra visual content attract extra links.
2. By adding simple visual content, like lists and images, can increase the number of ILDs by good percent.
3. Posts with videos included will attract almost 3 times more ILDs than a plain text post.
4. Posts with all three media types (videos, images, and lists) will attract almost 6 times more ILDs than a plain text post.
5. Contrary to common beliefs, large posts seem to attract more links than posts with 900 words or less.
6. Posts with between 1800 and 3000 words will attract more than 15 times more ILDs than a post with less than 600 words.
Top 10 Rules For SEO Copywriting
Cyrus Shepard wrote a great post about SEO Copywriting Rules.
1. Write for Power Skimmers
2. Create Valuable Headlines
3. Add Numbers and Data and Get 20% More
4. Use Power Words Such as “Free” or “Easy”
5. Add Pictures
6. Use Sub-Headlines or Die Trying
7. When in Doubt, List it Out
8. Quotes are Powerful
9. Use Bold and the Italic
10. Be Honest